Treating digital media as physical matter.

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Apr 12, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
  2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    wow, that's great! :D

although the projection onto odd angled/shaped surfaces makes it more of a disjointed type of art form. Its very difficult to see how this would be integrated into something you'd want to buy or make for anything other than art.

You'd need to be able to view and take in 5 things at once - my level of ADD hasn't gotten to that level yet :D

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    I'd love to incorporate 'smart' tactile surfaces in my own place, no physical tv or entertainment systems, or even light switches. I'd have 'smart' surfaces in each room that would allow me to control every element of my home (light brightness, ambients temps, music even tv and video all controlled by a bank of Xserves... all controls, visual information and entertainment etc would be projected onto the desired surface.

I'm very much into the minimalist aesthetic and the thought of having a home, devoid of the usual clutter of consumer products would be very appealing to me.

And with the cost of LCD Projectors ever falling, while the specs and performance increases means that within the next 5 years it'd be a very feasible possibility.