Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FMLFMLFML

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
b596854b.jpg

Dude, put some pants on!

iPad use in your underwear is TMI.

Next thing we'll find out people are using their iPads in the bathroom.

Heavyhitter504

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
new orleans
When did you order your case? I'm hoping to get my shipping notice soon, I'm glad to hear the corners on mine will be the rounded ones.

i ordered my cases last tuesday (3/29) and ever since then they've been telling me that orders placed around that time would ship around wednesday and they kept their word

mopppish

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2005
Just ordered my case.
Espresso cover.
Natural wood, brown suede accent.
Whatever the darkest blue is (forgot the name) on the inside. Just the classic paper.
Looking forward to whatever latch announcement they'll be making but, unless it's something considerably more interesting than the Magnagrip that Portenzo has, I'll stick with the standard elastic.

danielsmu

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
I know you said the Treegloo withstood the shake test, but is it relatively easy to remove the iPad once it's in the case?

I'm planning on using my iPad without a case while at home and (hopefully) using a Treegloo when I'm out and about. Basically, I'm looking for something that will hold the iPad firmly when in use, but won't fall apart and/or require Herculean strength to remove each time.

Thanks for all the pics and comments!

glen e

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I know you said the Treegloo withstood the shake test, but is it relatively easy to remove the iPad once it's in the case?

I'm planning on using my iPad without a case while at home and (hopefully) using a Treegloo when I'm out and about. Basically, I'm looking for something that will hold the iPad firmly when in use, but won't fall apart and/or require Herculean strength to remove each time.

Thanks for all the pics and comments!

I'm using it the same way - in the case for a normal biz day and out when home - it inserts right side first and then locks in place on the left with slightly thicker rubber. It's secure, but not hard to get out when you need it to.

London23

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
I'm in the same boat KylePowers. I am waiting for TreeGloo's announcement of their new latches/magnet system. I am hoping it's something like Portenzo's magnagrip. But I don't like that they don't have a speaker cutout like the other two. Also hard to choose on the options.

I kind of like Pad&Quill's pocket option (to store a microfibre), but wish they had a MagnaGrip type option like Portenzo. Choices on colors are limited.

For Portenzo, everything seems perfect, but almost looks like a crapshoot on when you would get yours if you order. Based on Facebook it seems like some people get their order before people that ordered earlier, all depending on what they ordered. Also I read in the FaceBook discussion on how someone didn't get the options they ordered and Darin and co. not responding to inquiries about it. That scares me.

I have a white iPad, so for a while I was leaning toward the 23 1/2 from Portenzo or the unicorn white Treegloo, but worry it will get dirty fast. So I think a black cover, natural wood combo will do. I like some kind of blue or gray inside lining, but the TreeGloo paris paper liner looks cool, but then I worry about the paper tearing if I fold the case over too many times. Read about that happening to someone with an iPad 1 case from them.

Ok I rambled on, but I am hoping to see some pics of white iPads in cases from all three to help me decide. Good luck on the case hunting!

OK well I'm in the same boat. I actually ordered a private order of the SeventySix from Portenzo...amazing! but they sent me the case for iPad; I have iPad 2 so I had to send it back. Now I'm on the hunt again for the perfect case. The Portenzo is outstanding but the issue with delivery is just ridiculous. I like the TreeGloo for the map liner and suede option. After reading reviews on different cases I just cant decide. :confused:

suppose

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2007
Can you rate how the sound is coming out of the ipad with the case? I know several of the other cases (Portenzo and Pad & Quill) have little chambers to basically redirect the sound more towards the user making it sound louder/better. It doesn't seem like the Treegloo cases have anything to do that. Can you comment on that? Is the sound improved over a naked ipad?

rubdom

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2008
Check out the new latch options on their Facebook page. Magnetic only and a "kinetic latch". I think I might try the kinetic latch.

Justinm59

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2008
yah I told them to add it to my order. Don't know how much the upgrade is, but I know it's more.

I added is as well, it's $5 for people who are changing their order. If your ordering from scratch it's $9.50. I'm glad they added this option it always seemed like something obvious these type of case makers should add. Maybe because I love standing my iPad up in landscape.

chatbleu

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
Treegloo cases

The 1st week of August I ordered and paid Treegloo by Visa . After a month I was informed it "was too hot in Texas" and the curing process was affected. I was promised the following week. It is now coming up to 8 weeks and my order has still yet to leave the factory! Really was use are all the fine words and claims of fine craftsmanship if company can't meet delivery dates?
These overheated underworked Texans do not lie --- but they sure are "economical with the truth"!
Best order elsewhere where you actually get something you paid for!

chatbleu

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
U must be quiet --- free speech and Treegloo

The 1st week of August I ordered and paid Treegloo by Visa . After a month I was informed it "was too hot in Texas" and the curing process was affected. I was promised the following week. It is now coming up to 8 weeks and my order has still yet to leave the factory! Really was use are all the fine words and claims of fine craftsmanship if company can't meet delivery dates?
These overheated underworked Texans do not lie --- but they sure are "economical with the truth"!
Best order elsewhere where you actually get something you paid for!

O.K. Within 24 hours of posting on "MACRUMOURS" ( ^^^see above ^^^) Treegloo emails(after nearly 8 weeks delay) & cancels the case order. Because
"your most recent conduct with perceived notions and insults, we prefer to discontinue any business with you." Money .... will be ... refunded.

Get the message (?)--- pay your money--- shut-up about delays ---- so they keep my money for 8 weeks are a general nuisance & an annoyance and YOU are to blame.
Baby Jesus just vomited!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.