Treo 600 & a Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by The_Wall, Dec 4, 2003.

1. The_Wall macrumors member

May 20, 2003
    Hi. i am looking to get a new cell phone and am seriously considering the Treo 600 or the Kyocera 7135 Smartphone. Both of these run the Palm OS, but I was wondering on how well they would sync with my Mac (AlPB 15").

I would prefer the Treo 600, however if I cannot switch from Verizon to Cingular i may be stuck with the option of the Kyocera 7135 Smartphone or just a normal cell phone.

If anyone could give me any help, advice, or past experiences I would greatly appreciate it.

2. justswitched macrumors newbie

Oct 8, 2003
    well im using a treo 600 right, great device btw, and i am awaiting delivery of my powerbook that i ordred this past week. when it comes i will have answer for ya.

this'll be my first mac so i cant give you any input there, but check out they have a great forum concernig all treos as well as their use with different os's. hope that helps

3. The_Wall thread starter macrumors member

May 20, 2003

Thanks for your input Neil. I just recently switched as well and this is my first Mac. I absolutely love it. It is a top notch machine and I am sure you will like it as well.

4. grafikat macrumors 6502a

Dec 5, 2003
    Unless you're in one of the top 100 population areas, you won't be able to port your number to the new carrier until May 04 :(

Even if you are in a major metro area, many companies are having problems
    ATT Wireless hits snag

Just an fyi in your decision making
  5. rjrufo macrumors regular

Sep 18, 2002
    I don't have a Treo, but I do have a Palm Tungsten T. I've never had any problems with syncing with my Mac, other than trying to use Apple's iSync after using Microsucks Entourage's conduit. The problem that I ran into there was that everything was duplicated, both in Address Book, and Entourage. I wound up with over 1800 contacts!

I've found that having my Tungsten and a Sony-Erricson T616 works for me. I can look up a contact on the Palm, and have it dial my phone for me - via Bluetooth.

I would be interested in hearing how the Treo does, so post your results here on the forums.