Treo 650 + Address Book + Bluetooth = ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by derekmcwilliams, May 9, 2005.

1. derekmcwilliams macrumors newbie

Hello..
    I've tried to search for the answer of the question im about to ask -so if someone wants to blow me out of the water with a forum redirect - then bear in mind I've tried to look already..

OK. Im up for renewal on my phone contract and Im thinking about the Treo650 - but I do have a few questions..

I had a Nokia 6something something a while ago, and via bluetooth, worked amazingly well... when my PB and Nokia were paired, and address book was running, I could read SMS messages on my PB and also happily dial from address book, and instantaneously - my nokia would dial.

Will a 650 do the same thing? If it does, then I'm sold!

When porting iCal entries - does PalmOS preserve the categories used? I want to sync all of my personal calender entries - not my work ones (work yuk.)

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Tiger does this all seamlessly. You only need to enable Palm OS syncing in iSync.

3. derekmcwilliams thread starter macrumors newbie

Pardon me for being the doubting thomas.. SO with Tiger (which Ive already installed) being paired (EDIT - VIA BLUETOOTH) with the TREO650 - all my requirements will be met and I can happily dial and SMS from my mac?

EDIT - the reason im asking is that people have slated the Treo saying bluetooth is cack..

If so - BBBBBRILLIANT!