Treo 650 syncingt issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BenHoleton, Jan 5, 2007.

1. BenHoleton macrumors regular

Hi. I have a Palm Treo 650 smart phone and Missing Sync 5.1.2 (or what ever the newest version is...). Here's my problem. It doesn't sync my entire database, and will not sync my calender. Missing sync tech support has been all but worthless in the matter. Any thoughts? Should I just ditch missing sync all together and go through iSync? If so, how would I set that up?

2. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

just to get a better hold on this... you said database and then only listed one issue, can you also throw out there what the other probs seem to be. Does the treo sync via mini usb? and is the syncing problem that it doesn't format things correctly, like it doesn't use the same fields or just that the entire section of info you such as your address book will not sync?

3. BenHoleton thread starter macrumors regular

Through missing sync and the bluetooth on my treo and ibook, i am trying to sync addressbook and iCal. It syncs most of my address book, but not all of it (I have 7300 entries..I use it for business). it also will not sync my Ical at all.

4. BenHoleton thread starter macrumors regular

To clarify further, it will not sync whole contacts.

5. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I see... I'm really sorry to pass the buck here normally i try, but have no clue at all how to advice based on your situation.

6. BenHoleton thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, anyone know how to do it through iSync?

7. OldManJimbo macrumors 6502

OldManJimbo

Do you have a resolution to this ? I use a Verizon Treo 650, with Missing Sync - and despite some early issues with my not understanding how to set it up, I am now relatively pleased with the way it works.

I have no issues with the way it syncs iCal, Tasks, Vindigo and a few other add-ons.

I do have some issues with the way it syncs fields in Address Book, and I wish there was a way to "map" specific fields from my Address Book to the fields on the Treo, but once I figured oout the limitations, it is OK (I'd say it's about 80% on this one).

Oh yeah - one small annoyance on iCal. I travel a lot and no matter how I enter events on iCal, they somehow end up being added to the Treo in the "Los Angeles" time zone (where I live).

When I'm home, everything is OK, but when I land in Chicago (for example) and the Treo takes it's time from the local network, all my appoints jump to a different time becuase the Treo thinks I still want to meet the client at "4pm Los Angeles time." I enter the times as "local" where ever I'm going to be -

So, on the plane, as I'm taxiing to the terminal., I open each calendar event on the Treo and set it to "no Time Zone" and everything is fine.

This was a HUGE problem for about a week until i figured it out. The Missing Sync folks were actually pretty helpful through it all.