Treo 650 with Mac or Treo 700w With Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by snackcakeofd00m, Mar 8, 2006.

1. snackcakeofd00m macrumors member

Apr 30, 2005
    I think this is the right forum, anyway I am looking at buying a Treo but I am not quite sure which one would work best with my iBook. I want to be able to sync up with my iBook and I want to be able to use it as a modem if I have too. So will the Treo 650 be best or will the 700w work. I am leaning toward the 700w because I want to be able to use Skype on it but if it does not work with my iBook I will easily buy a 650. So which one will give me the best experience?
  2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

Dec 24, 2005
    To my knowledge, the 700w, or any windows mobile smartphone will not work with Mac's. They are coming out with a regular 700 soon though. very soon. if you can wait, wait for the regular 700. if not, get the 650. 700w won't work.

Also, as a recommendation, shorten your sig or a mod will just delete it and you'll have to start from new.
  3. ipacmm macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Well right now the Treo 650 will be easier because you can use The Missing Sync for the Treo and sync everything right up with your Mac to your Treo 650, the Treo 700 is running Windows Mobile 5 so right now there aren't solutions to sync your 700 with your Mac but they are in the process of making it if you need to sync right now, I would buy the 650, if you can wait until the software is ready, I would buy the 700. Also you should still be able to send files via bluetooth on the 700 even though you can't sync it.