Treo 700p

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by VanMac, Dec 12, 2006.

1. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Hey.

Anyone using this phone/pda?

Telus now has this model available, so thinking of picking one up.

Thanks in advance....

2. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I bought one about three months ago and I love it. I really needed the calendar for my job and it works great, I'd recommend it. :)

3. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

I've been happy with it (minus the resets). It does what I need it to do (calander, to do's, phone, etc...) although I have been distgusted at Palm and their software (uh oh, here I go)...The hardware is good, but their software for the Mac is horrible. I've never had software that required the use of Terminal to uninstall the program because you have to force empty the trash because of files that could not be deleted :mad: (and no uninstall option...I spent over an hour on the phone with tech support trying to delete the software). They "claim" support for the Mac although they do not support iCal, Address Book, iTunes, iPhoto, etc... Have to use the TERMINAL??? :mad: C'mon Palm! :mad: Even Microsoft can get that one right!! Anyway............:cool:

4. VanMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Got It

Thanks for the input. Picked one up a couple of days ago.

I've only had limted time to play with it, but pretty happy so far. I have it retrieving from all my email accounts, and the calendar is great. I should have bought one of these devices years ago....

Getting email and surfing the web is pretty snappy on the EVDO network. I was trying it out while driving my car. Not really advised for safety reasons though........

I plan to buy that missing sync software, but I knew I would have to do that.

Anywho, great device, and very solid build quality if anyone is looking.

//VanMac