Treo 700w

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by WarEagle, Sep 24, 2006.

1. WarEagle macrumors member

I am looking to get my first Mac (well my first comp was an Apple IIgs but not sure if you would count that), A MB or MBP. My laptop is about to die and it needs to be replaced. I use a 700w as my phone and PDA and would need to be able to sync with my new laptop. What software do I need to get to be able to do this. Something I would like is to be able to use is the BT. I have to be able to sync to standard stuff and also some of the extras like pictures and videos. Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

I don't think the Treo using Windows Mobile can sync with the standard iSync software, but Google "Missing Sync" and see what you find.

I sync with my 650 just fine, but I'd like to run over the phone. Complete POS.

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Why not get the 700p? I think you would have much better luck syncing that one with OS X.

4. WarEagle thread starter macrumors member

I already have the Treo 700w and have used windows mobile for years. I have always used an Ipaq. I will look into missing sync thanks

5. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Try Missing Sync, as iGary suggested. Or PocketMac, once they finally support Windows Mobile 5.

It also will sync with Windows XP through Parallels.

6. bloodycape macrumors 65816

Really how can you sync it with parallels I have been trying for a while but it won't let me as it says I am running at the slower usb 1.1 speeds or something. Care to explain how to?

To the OP I am currently using missing sync but I have found one problem. The first one is I can not install exe based files, like the treo updater, on the 700w.

7. bloodycape macrumors 65816

opps I meant to say that I can not get it to work because it says usb port in use.

8. plarusa macrumors member

Missing Sync works with the Treo 700w. I use it to sync my Treo 700w with a PB 12".