Treo 90 problems and Mac OS X PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by LimeiBook86, Jan 11, 2003.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I just bought a new Handspring Treo 90 Organizer form Best Buy it was $199, it says it supported Mac OS 8.5-9.x and it uses the Palm OS and uses Palm Desktop to communicate to the Mac, so I thought it MUST work in OS X which also uses the Palm Desktop 4, Well it doesn't I have installed the new version of Palm Desktop 4.0 for OS X and even Apple's iSync witch says works with the Handheld model dosen't work even when following the steps. I am very angry and confused I don't know why this is happening, I find it odd that the higher Treo models work with OS X but the lower ones don't. Do any HandSpring devices work with OS X? The Handspring webpage said that the Treo 90 Organizer isn't compatible with OS X or Classic mode, I don't want to install OS 9 on my iBook I only have 5gb left! I hate this, I am very mad, can somebody please help me!? I only have 14 days to return it...

EDIT: Thier Customer Service is down.....great.....:mad:

2. dricci macrumors 6502a

Did you try installing Handspring's custom Palm Desktop software for Mac OS X? I think it's available somewhere on their site.

3. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86