Trick iTunes into letting me restore back to my 5.1 update?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by L4Leonard, Apr 6, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Oct 15, 2011
    So basically i upgraded my iPhone 4 from 5.0.1 to 5.1, and now i want to go back because of the horrible battery usage time 5.1 brought with it. But it seems impossible for me to go back to my back up that i did just before restoring back to 5.0.1. Is there any way i can trick iTunes into accepting my old back up? If i change the .plist file in my back- up folder, do you think it will accept it then?

@ the pic, if i range the entry (5.1) to 5.0.1, do you think iTunes will accept muck new back- up to the older iOs Version?
  2. macrumors newbie

Mar 17, 2012
    Maybe try the iPhone Hacks section? They might have a better idea of the possibilities.
  3. macrumors member

Aug 18, 2010
    unless you had previously jailbroken your iphone and saved your SHSH blobs, it's impossible for you to downgrade 5.1 to 5.0.1.
  4. macrumors 601

Jul 24, 2008
    Pacific Northwest, US
    Not everyone experiences this so it's probably something other than the update itself.
  5. thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 15, 2011
    I freakin did it! By changing the entry in the .plist file located deep inside the back up library, i managed to trick it into thinking that the backup was from 5.0.1!

Attached Files:

6. macrumors 68040

Nov 6, 2007
    Liverpool, UK
    don't need to be jailbroken to save shsh blobs