Tried installing protools, system crashes!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cool74, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Cool74 macrumors newbie

Mar 24, 2007
    Hi. First off I'm new to the whole apple thing. I just bought a Macbook Pro last month, so I could utilize good music software (protools). I bought protools7 LE, and tried to install it. The Macbook Pro is running OS 10.4.8. When I installed Protools7 (for Mac OS X), and try to run it, I get a slow dark curtain which falls over my screen, and instructions on how to turn off the computer. Thus the crash. How can I get the instalation to work? I got a mac because I wanted to run music software with as little problems as possible. Any suggestions? I need to get this to work. Oh, and I tried emptying protool files to the trash, and reinstalling it. Same problem. (Someone told me there is no "uninstall", u just drag stuff to the trash and empty it. Is this true also? Srry such a long post.
  2. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2005
    Albany, NY
    a) Contacting the software developers is generally more helpful then venting on a site like this.

b) Pro Tools LE v7 is a PPC not Intel application and that's probably what's causing your headaches.

c) seems to indicate that you need v 7.1.1 to support the laptop you bought. Good thing for you this is a *FREE UPGRADE* from your licensed product.