Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

convergent

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 6, 2008
I was near a Best Buy in Cary, NC and decided to try and by an Apple Watch there. I really can't decide which do wanted to try different sizes. Waited for the guy in Apple section to sell a Macbook to one person and an Apple TV to another. Then he told me no one authorized to sell watches was working today. What?

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
When I bought mine in Best Buy in Canada, I asked to try the Watches on, and was told that is possible only when Apple reps are here.
I ended up just buying one based on everything I've read. If I had I chance to try it, I might have bought an extra band.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
When I bought an  Watch at a Best Buy... the manager had to conduct the purchase. There were about 3 of us there that was looking to buy one. She asked all 3 of us which one we wanted and had someone to grab them. But I'm sure since these  Watches are such a "new" product and how Apple approach their products... there is going to be specialized people to handle the  Watches.

jpgr15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2015
Yikes. If Apple has that tight of a leash on the experience at Best Buy, they just shouldn't sell them there. No way is Best Buy going to live up to the Apple Watch "exclusivity" mindset. At least none of the Best Buys I frequent anyway.

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
I was near a Best Buy in Cary, NC and decided to try and by an Apple Watch there. I really can't decide which do wanted to try different sizes. Waited for the guy in Apple section to sell a Macbook to one person and an Apple TV to another. Then he told me no one authorized to sell watches was working today. What?
One thing to keep in mind: If you have a large wrist and need the L/XL strap size (for the Sports model at least): Apple will swap (for free if you ask) the band that comes with the watch i.e (the S/M and M/L size comes with the watch) for the L/XL size. If you buy the watch at Best Buy, they won't do this....and if you take a watch you bought at Best Buy into Apple, they won't make the "switch" either (i.e. have to buy it at Apple).

The caveat (as I've discovered): The L/XL currently only comes in the White or Black bands.

I bought the Sport Gold/Midnight Blue combo at an Apple store this week and they were willing to "swap" out the midnight blue band with the L/XL version (i.e. since I have an 8 1/8 wrist size). However, when they checked, they realized the L/XL versions only come in White/Black...they were surprised at this also. Luckily, the M/L band fits my wrist..just barely, on the very last hole!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.