Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamaraDn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2016
Norway
Hi
My iphone 5 suddenly wouldn't charge anymore, i have had some trouble with getting contact with the charging-port earlier. And once when it got completely out of battery, it wouldn't charge anymore, and the screen has been black ever since.
Now i bought a new charging-port, and a new battery, i changed them, but my phone still is completely dead. Anyone that could give me some advice?

I did break my screen a week before it wouldn't turn on again, is it likely that the lcd screen can be dead or some connecion broken?

Really hope someone can give me some advice:)

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I'm no phone technician.

My advice would have been to approach one and have it looked at / repaired that way.

And or take advantage of the Out of Warranty replacement programme if applicable.

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Sometimes just cleaning out the lightening port with a cotton stick can fix the problem of not charging.

SamaraDn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2016
Norway
Yeah, bandofBrothers, i am thinking to do the same thing. sadly i don't have any warany.. and laudern i changed the entire charging port, so i think the problem is somewhere else, but thanks for your input! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.