TRIM support for new iMac 768 SSD

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bill phillips, Jan 16, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

I been using trim support (trim enabler) for my samsung 840 pro for a while now..I went to enable trim support through trim enabler on my new imacs 768 ssd and it said my drive might have its own trim enabled...my question...does anyone know what the trim protocol is for the new 768 ssd? does it come with its own active trim support or do i need to use trim enabler?

2. macrumors 6502

woaw... you should have RTM on that TRIM enabler, you should never enable it for an Apple SSD/Flash. Apple has it's own TRIM. Try google man...

3. macrumors member

EPiCDiNGO

OMG :apple: :eek: Hopefully you did not brick your iMac and break the SSD :(

4. macrumors demi-god

mmomega

Did you check in System Report if TRIM was On or Off before using the Enabler?

5. thread starter macrumors regular

yea no i didnt its working fine, i was just making sure the apple ssd had its own trim, yes its working

6. thread starter macrumors regular

it says trims working under serial ata, i threw out the application already too, but just for informational purposes, what would it do exactly thats so bad if i did enable it??

7. macrumors 6502

Who's to say, thats like trying to hack something that doesn't need to be hacked. Anything can happen.

8. macrumors 6502a

Cats and dogs living together; mass hysteria!

9. thread starter macrumors regular

hahahahaha, i figured it wasnt the end of the world like which seems to be being reported.