Trip through MBP hell

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skipsandwichdx, Sep 13, 2006.

1. skipsandwichdx macrumors regular

Long story short: I've had problems with my MBP (kernel panics, whine, excessive heat, keys falling off, keys squeaking, distorted speakers, and random shutdowns) since I bought it in late May. I got a replacement mid-July, but more speaker problems drove me to returning it for a refund; I was tired of getting it fixed. Even though I bought it through my brother's EPP (Employee Purchase Program--no refunds allowed), AppleCare promised me a refund around mid-August because this computer was a replacement.

My dad and I talked to two different Apple employees, both of which promised set up a refund. They never came. I had to buy another notebook (Macbook) in the meantime because I needed it. After two weeks of getting the shipment-label-runaround, I sent this email to sjobs@apple.com.

(lots of text inc.)
    A few hours later, my dad (whose phone number was in the attached mail) got a call from an Apple exec. Twenty minutes later, I got the return shipping labels in an email. :D

Moral of this story: if you're in a frustrating situation like mine, sending an email to sjobs can't hurt--even though it probably won't be read by Steve himself. :)

2. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

that's a sad story with a nice ending...i guess
    sorry u had to go through all that trouble

but it goes to show with a little determination, anything is possible...
    suprised u didn't get compensated in other ways aswell

3. skipsandwichdx thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking it would be nice, but I'm satisfied as long as I get my refund.

Do they typically give compensations like that?

4. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

mayyyybeeee...never hapened to me, but then again i never went through...what you went through

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

6. generik macrumors 601

generik