trip to Ireland - voltage converter

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by zim, Apr 10, 2004.

1. zim macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2002

My wife and I are going on our honeymoon in June, going to Ireland. We will be bringing a digital camera, mini dv camera as well as an iPod and possibly the belkin media reader, still deciding on that one. My reason for posting is that I am wondering if anyone can suggest a good european voltage converter, something that will work with the gadgets listed and preferably one with a circuit breaker on it. I know that the iPod and mini dv are rated for 100 - 240v, not sure what the digital camera will be, getting a new one this week.

any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

thanks! :)
  2. macfan76 macrumors member

Apr 3, 2004

World Travel Adapter Kit

The World Travel Adapter Kit includes a set of six AC plugs with prongs that fit different electrical outlets around the world. For world travelers, this is the perfect kit to ensure power connectivity in most countries you may travel to. The Kit is designed to work with (and requires) the white portable power adapter that ships with iPod, iBook, or PowerBook G4. The AC plugs included in the World Travel Adapter Kit directly support outlets in North America, Japan, China, United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Korea, Australia, and Hong Kong.

Supports all iPods.

Will this help? It is on this site: under Word Travel Adapter Kit.
  3. zim thread starter macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2002
    We looked at this and, it is on our possibilities list, thank you, but we are hoping to find an all purpose adaptor. Being unfamiliar with the brand names and not having ever traveled overseas, I feel uncertain about some of what I have seen. Basically what I would love to find is almost like a mini serge protector that has different adaptors for europe, don't even know it such a thing exists.

Thanks for your suggestion :)