Tripod for Canon Camera?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by amacgenius, Feb 17, 2007.

1. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

I've got a Powershot S3 IS camera, and I really would love a tripod for it, the one I used to have broke, and I've yet to replace it.

Any tips/links to perspective tripods would be nice :).

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

That's a very light camera. If you want a tripod that will last forever "Bogen" is always recommended. In your case the lightest legs will do the #3001 legs with a small three axis head. Get one of the heads that has a quick release plate. It's worth it.

The better tripod brands sell parts so if you buy a good one you will never have to replace it. if you have a bit more money Gitzo is a top brand, but I actually prefer bogen

I like the level clamps on the legs, was never a fan of th twist locks but some prefer those.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You want a tripod for a Powershot S3 IS? How much are you willing to spend?

4. Mustafa macrumors regular

Just remember that stability is directly related to bulk and therefore cost (generally speaking).

So you will have to make your decision based on how much weight you are prepared to carry, and how much you have to spend.

You really need to get into a store that has a reasonable stock so that you can judge what's right for you.

5. jamesW135 macrumors 6502a

jamesW135