Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parimucha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2012
We've just launched the iPhone app for Tripomatic.com. It's a visual travel guide, covering 400 destinations worldwide. And it's free!

What’s so great about the app? Imagine visiting an unknown city for the first time. The Tripomatic app helps you figure out what’s worth seeing. Launch the app, shake your phone and see all the interesting places around on a map. Pick the ones you like to create a custom itinerary right away. Your trip plans are synced with Tripomatic on the web, so you can plan ahead from your Mac or PC as well. All that completely for free.

We built the app to be fun to use and great to look at. Less boring text and buttons, more beautiful pictures and easy-to-use gestures. This is not yet another ordinary travel guide.

iphone_app_screen.png

Get Tripomatic from the App Store for free http://itunes.apple.com/app/tripomatic/id519058033?mt=8

I'll be happy for your feedback. You can contact me directly at jiri.parimucha@tripomatic.com Thanks

MareLuce

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2010
Good job.

OK, I'm impressed.

I used Salzburg as an example city to visit, and you have all my intended destinations and many more

(Mozart's birthplace, Herzl restaurant, etc)

How are you getting all your content?

----------

and not to divert this thread, but if you (the author of this app) have any ideas for the problem I've posted here (related to my upcoming trip to Salzburg and other cities with 2 other people)

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=14888282#post14888282

I'd appreciate it.

I find your app graphically slick. Am pretty sure I'll use it as well as my friends on this trip via login sharing.

----------

How do you choose which restaurants to include and which not to?

parimucha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Hi MareLuce.

Thanks for the great feedback. Enjoy your trip to Salzburg!

We want to make sure that Tripomatic always has the best content (ie. local attractions and things to see and do). To ensure that we have a dedicated in-house team of content editors doing an extensive research of each destination.

MareLuce

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2010
Day number vs exact date

Sometimes the app shows the exact date, and sometimes only the day number on the view like attached.

I'd prefer it always show the date. I can't see what's causing it to switch modes.

Also, I suggest you "advertise" your app by showing 2 screens, one like the attached, and one like yours above, but with a couple of the orange highlights that goes around the photo outline when you make it a stop on your trip.

I really like how photo-based your app is, or starts-out as. But then it links easily to all the text-info and web pages needed.

Attachments

• Tripomatic Trip view.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 114

parimucha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Hi again MareLuce, to answer your question:
Each trip allows you to set a start date (select the "trip" tab and click "edit" in top right). Once you've set that, the exact dates will begin showing instead of Day 1, Day 2,...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.