Tron 2.0

Discussion in 'Games' started by bokdol, Feb 15, 2005.

1. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

wondering if anyone was playing Tron 2.0 for mac. i got it at compusa for 9.99 :)

2. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

3. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I have it. I only play the lightcycles, though. Pretty fun, I'm just not a big FPS fan.

4. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Great deal for $9.99! I don't have it, but will go to compusa here in Connecticut to see if they have one for that price. Got Halo ($50), but heard the PC version is only $20. That sucks.

By the way, how do you like the game so far? Let me know.

5. Aaon macrumors 6502

I really enjoyed Tron 2.0. Its not a very revolutionary game, or anything, but it is a lot of fun, and there's just something really cool about playing in the tron world. It just feels really neat walking through that glowing technicolor madness. And The disc weapon is a lot of fun!

Aaron

6. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Tron 2 is an addictive game. Those who like techno-like fps' will like it. I like it, because of its graphic design. Has crappy programming though. Evem in high-end systems, it doesn't run as it should be...

7. zim macrumors 65816

zim

I had Tron for the Intellivision... I can recall, as a kid, thiking.. this sucks! Good to hear that Tron 2 is better. Although, I saw the GBA version and was not very impressed by the grphaics.

8. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Installed it, hated it, deleted it.

In the immortal words of Comic Book Guy "Worst Game Evah!" - No support for wide screen, very low resolution, shocking frame rate on a dual G5 1.8 with a 256 MB Radeon 9800 XT. No fun at all imo!

9. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

Did anyone ever get to the point of trying to play multiplayer with patched windows servers?

I've been trying to convert the Win32 patch for use on a Mac, but haven't found enough players who actually own this game for Mac. PM me if interested, or I'll try to check back on this thread...

10. bokdol thread starter macrumors 6502a

bokdol

when i get better at the game then i will try multiplayer. but right now i am having fun with the game beign it was only 10 bucks..

11. applekid macrumors 68020

I remember seeing a few Tron 2.0 players at IMG's forums. I suggest giving them a visit.

12. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Well that was money well spent. Or are you one of those downloaders who thinks that it is your God-given right to use pirate software while the rest of us pay for the privlage?

13. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Actually I own every single app on every one of my computers - but thanks for assuming! What's that saying about the word "assume" again? :rolleyes:

It could of been a good game if I didn't own a 20" Apple display, the scaled up look from 1024x768 is the reason I couldn't play it, that and the absolutely shocking frame rate.

By the way where do you get off thinking I pirated a game because I didn't like it?

14. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Graphical snobbery

Anyone who spends fifty dollars to buy a game, play it once and forget about it should have more sense than that. What kind of excuse is "the scaled up look from 1024x768 is the reason I couldn't play it"? Let me assure you, there is no danger of going blind by looking at scaled 1024x768 graphics that are not running at 200 fps. You have a PowerMac, a 20" display and a copy of Tron 2.0 Stop being a spoiled baby and enjoy the farking game.

15. bokdol thread starter macrumors 6502a

bokdol

i enjoy it so far... but i do have to admit the frame rate is not very pretty. but i have fun... i love throwing disk at people. reminds me of when i was 10 and saw the movie.

16. risc macrumors 68030

risc

What's your point? If I don't like a game how does that effect you in anyway? To answer your question about what kind of excuse is it that I don't like games that are scaled up? You mean other than the fact they look like absolute crap? Other than that there isn't much of an excuse. I don't like Dungeon Siege for the exact same reason I played it for a while seemed okay but the ugly blurry game on the screen makes it pretty pointless to play. If I had of known that both games hadn't been ported properly to work with Apples wide screen monitors you can be assured I wouldn't of bought either of them. As for me enjoying Tron 2.0 I played it, I hated it - get over it, and if you actually read my original post I explain why I didn't like it "No support for wide screen, very low resolution, shocking frame rate on a dual G5 1.8 with a 256 MB Radeon 9800 XT. No fun at all imo!" - notice the IMO none of which is an invite for you to call me a pirate, or a baby - but all of which may actually save someone from wasting their money like I did.

17. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

Yeah I posted there a few times, with not much luck. I may try again and see if I find some new people. There was an XP-only patch that got released for the other Win platforms, I'm not sure what it does, and if we need it for Mac. . . the buenavista webby is just a pain to navigate and I eventually gave up and went to their tron forums, but again with not much luck finding Mac players.