Tron 2.0

Discussion in 'Games' started by robotrenegade, Jan 7, 2004.

1. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know if tron 2.0 is coming to the mac?

2. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I have heard nothing as to the release of this title but my best guess would be a no.

3. anubis72 macrumors regular

anubis72

MacPlay is releasing Tron 2.0, but no date has been set. I don't know why they bother releasing games this late when it's going to be old news to PC gamers...If they want to compete, they'll start releasing games at the same time.

4. AkiraK macrumors member

Part of the problem is that the developers on the PC side are hesitant to share code with Mac developers prior to the PC release, and most of them (with a few exceptions like Blizzard and sometimes Bungie) don't see the economic incentive in developing in-house.

There are advantages to the delayed porting of games--for one thing, a lot of the crap that shows up for the PC gets filtered out (hopefully, Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness will never darken the doors of our beloved Macs and sully the good name of Apple!).

Of course that doesn't ease the sting of paying $50 for a Mac game that is currently selling for $20 on the PC side.

5. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Hate to burst your bubble there but uh...

http://www.apple.com/games/articles/2003/12/angelofdarkness/

6. anubis72 macrumors regular

anubis72

Exactly...I guess I'm just a simple man. I bought an XBox for gameplay, but it's much simpler using a keyboard and mouse to play most FPS games, etc. So I won't abandon my Mac for games completely.

At any rate, it will be nice to see Tron 2.0. My bro is still a PC user and enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to it...even if it isn't released until 2010. :(

7. AkiraK macrumors member

Oh, man...on the bright side, maybe they can fix the bugs that plagued the console/PC versions.

...though that still wouldn't solve the problem of the insufferable controls and horrific gameplay...

8. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Yeah, by now the PC version is probably patched up enough that the Mac version will come out relatively fresh when released.

9. DTG macrumors member

Well, here in the UK I can order TRON 2.0 for Mac right now from Amazon.

It says the release date was November 14th, which is just two months after the PC version was released (in September 03).

Amazon says it will typically ship within 1-2 weeks, which either means they haven't actually had any delivered yet, or demand is outstripping supply!

Just a FYI.