trottle bit torrent

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Quboid, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Quboid macrumors 6502

Does anyone know how to trottle the torrent client " Bit torrent" for OSX. I have a torrent comingg down but it's killing my band wibth. Went to the preferences and realised there isn't an option to trottle the uploads noe the downloads. So does anyone one else use that client? can you help me?

2. Weaselboy macrumors Core

Weaselboy

3. Quboid thread starter macrumors 6502

Got azarus, i got like 85% of the torrentt down on bit torrent, if i switch to azarus, it would have to start over right?

4. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

No, you can get it to start from where the other app left off. See here for details. Just follow the instructions at the bottom of that page.

5. Quboid thread starter macrumors 6502

6. steebu macrumors member

I use Transmission for torrents, I've found it's the best client around for OS X. It's simple, fast and finds peers faster. It is also very easy to throttle uploads, downloads, and seeding ratios. The only drawback is that you can't download certain torrents from members-only sites, but I can use Tomato Torrent instead.

7. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

It's nice in some respects, but it doesn't allow you to download only specific files from within a torrent, an invaluable feature of Azureus. Anyway, there are lots of threads on the topic of which is the best bittorrent app.