Trouble burning CD's

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by lalynne, Jan 29, 2004.

1. lalynne macrumors newbie

I have a Flat Panel iMac--OS 10.2.8 and an iBook (same version OS) and for some reason I am not able to burn CD's on either one. I have been able to do this in the past, but now I am getting an error "Sorry the operation could not be completed because an unexpected error occurred (Error Code 6)". I am trying to copy JPG files to the CD... I have tried text files, I've even tried to copy music with iTunes, nothing seems to work. I tried using SONY CD-R 700mb and SONY CD-RW 700mb. This has never been a problem before and for some reason it's happening on both of my computers (they're not networked, they're totally stand alone systems). I copy the files by dragging them onto the CD... it asks me if I want to Burn the CD, I use the Burn Speed "Maximum" then select BURN... It goes through the PREPARING DATA step... then it starts to say BURNING DATA.. and quickly changes to VERIFYING then the CD pops out and I get the error.
    I have also tried copying the photos to the CD via iPhoto and have the same trouble. I get a different msg with iTunes-- "The device drained its buffer without burn underrun protection".

If anyone has any ideas PLEASE HELP!

Thank you.

2. DanUk2003 macrumors member

3. Dahl macrumors 6502a

I know this is an old thread and lalynne probably found out what to do.

But I have the same problem (for the first time ever) in iPhoto now and would like to hear what lalynne ended up doing.

I'm also using Sony media and I rarely do, could that be it ?

4. mnstr_trd_sd macrumors regular

mnstr_trd_sd

I have the same problem on my quicksilver and I'm using TDK. Any suggestions would be great. No probs on the other two using tdk.

5. lalynne thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I found that I can only burn to 650mb CD's... I can only find the rewritable 650mb CD's and any brand seems to work. Hope this helps

Laura

6. Dahl macrumors 6502a

Well, I have had great results with TDK DVD's, but I don't recall using CD's.

I tried to burn a Sony CD from iTunes, then just some files from the desktop and it failed me both times, so I'm pretty sure it's the Sony disc.
    The thing is... Those disc have worked, I burned one today from iPhoto and it worked. Was it luck ?

I have to isolate the problem and try again, I think I'll pick up some Fuji CDs, they have worked flawless.

Here's the pop up message I get in iPhoto:

[​IMG]