Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emt8q5

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Hey all, I have a recently purchased samsung 226cw. I've read reviews and it has gotten nothing but acclaim (unlike it's predecessor, the 226BW which varied greatly in quality). I am, however, having some problems calibrating it. Everything looks fine except for one thing. The yellow letters of my dashboard calendar are turning up as more of a neon green than a yellow. I have the monitor hooked up to my Macbook, and I see the "correct" color when I have my macbook opened up. It is only when the samsung is displaying it.

I don't know much about monitor calibration, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I have attached a screen shot of what I'm talking about...though I don't know what color the letters will appear to you

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 92

JasonElise1983

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Between a rock and a midget
two things:

yes they are supposed to be a greenish yellow

why are you calibrating your monitor for dashboard? I usually look at the photos and things i will be working on. I mean, if everything else is accurate, wouldn't you assume that that 1 thing is probably accurate too? I guess that's just me.

-JE

emt8q5

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
my reasoning behind calibrating based upon dashboard is the fact that when I look at dashboard on my macbook screen, the calender letters are distinctly yellow with no green.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.