Trouble connecting to Wireless DSL modem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by uodbloke, Oct 17, 2006.

1. uodbloke macrumors newbie

Hi I'm new here a switcher, first mac - macbook, although I have posted replies to a couple of threads. Hope you knowledgable people can help. I can connnect to the modem and access the internet through a cat5 lead plugged into the 4 port router on the adsl modem but when I try to connect using wireless it brings up an error.

It states that there is a password required as there is WEP security. I have checked the modem several times and no security settings other than adding the MAC number/Ethernet ID to the list of allowed machines on the modem. When I connect with my PC I do not require any pasword. I have even reset the modem to make sure there is no password, saved the changes and restarted the modem.

I am lost as to what to try. Any suggestions would be very helpful and thanks in advance.:) :)

2. uodbloke thread starter macrumors newbie

Connected

I managed to connect to the internet using the Wireless access point. I didn't have the mac number for the airport card in the allowed list. Once I did that it connected straight away.

Thanks for reading and sorry to waste your time.

uodbloke:)