Trouble getting iCal or Entourage to work properly with PocketMac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davedrivesamini, Dec 2, 2004.

1. davedrivesamini macrumors newbie

I switched a couple of days ago, so I'm still figuring out how everything works.

I have an ipaq 4150 that I use for work. I have bought and downloaded PocketMac so that I can sync it with my ne iMac G5.

I don't mind whether I use iCal or Entourage, but both are giving me problems at the moment:

iCal - sets up a load of default colours, but there are only a few, whivh menas that lots of calendars have the same colour. I change them (I need lots of different colours to represesnt the different year groups that I teach) but then they revert to the default colours after I sync the ipaq.

Even if I could live with the given colours, the to do list doesn't seem to work properly - when I click on the check box it seems to lock all the other ones, so that I can only select or deselect that one.

And now I can't seem to get the appointment notes to sync to the ipaq. This is the most important part of all: i do mini lesson plans in the notes section of the appointment (the lesson).

Entourage - I enter different notes for recurring appointments. It's all changed or nothing!

Please help

Dave

2. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

You don't have VirtualPC by any chance, do you? I use that to sync with my iPaq (5450). When I did it through PocketMac it worked ok I think... since it's a windows to Mac thing though, it doesn't always work smoothly.

3. davedrivesamini thread starter macrumors newbie

No I don't have virtual PC I'm afraid. I've tried to contact Pocketmac but I've had no response. It says that it should sync notes from iCal, but it doesn't. Do you think I should buy the other one (Missing Sync I think), and if I do, what are the chances of me getting my money back from Pocketmac?