Trouble installing Tiger on Powermac G4 PCI??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shadowmoses, May 12, 2005.

1. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Hi there,

I just bought myself OSX Tiger and am very keen to install it on my Powermac G4 Yikes (PCI) i have installed my own Sony DVD-rom to replace the Cd-rom which i got it with and i think this is where the problem is arising from;

I cannot get my Yikes G4 to boot from my non apple DVD i have tried holding down "C" with no luck the macine just boots as normal. And as this powermac doesnt support Target mode booting i cannot boot from my external Plextor DVD Writer.

If anyone could please solve my problem without having to resort to the CD based Tiger i would be very grateful.

Peace,

Shadow

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Insert CD/DVD and restart the machine. Then hold down option after the startup chime, select the CD/DVD as the startup disk.

3. cubist macrumors 68020

Or, just stick in the disk, see it on the desktop, doubleclick on the install mac os x icon. That's what I did... put in a lite-on dvd-rom ($25 from new egg) yesterday and installed it on my Sawtooth.

4. shadowmoses thread starter macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Cool guys thanks, holding down the option key worked now im all booted up typing this in Tiger and i have to say its absolutly amazing my Yikes runs like a dream way better than it was with 10.3,

PeaCE