Trouble mounting AFP with Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by BeatCrazy, Aug 3, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

Hello,

I'm a bit new to Mac OS in general, but I think I understand enough to be dangerous ;)

I am trying to mount a share I have on my local NAS, so it automatically mounts upon reboot of my new Mac mini.

I created the mount point, and folder as /mnt/Share

The command I run is:

Code:
    mount -t afp "afp://nas-xx-xx-xx (AFP)._afpovertcp._tcp.local/Share" /mnt/Share
    If I run when the share is already manually mounted, I get:
    Code:
    mount_afp: the volumen is already mounted
    If I run after a reboot, and the share is not mounted, I get:

Code:
    mount_afp: AFPMountURL returned error 1, errno is 1
    What am I doing wrong?

2. macrumors member

Another way to do it is to connect to your share and have it mounted. Go into your system preferences --> users & groups --> login items (for the account in question)
    Click on the plus sign on the bottom to add a new item and choose the share you want automatically mounted upon reboot.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome! Thank you, that worked. Is there any way to prevent the pop-up windows showing the mounted AFP share every time you boot? Or at least minimize the windows?

This is my first Mac. I should have known these things could be simple, if you know where to look :D

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ooops, I found it. Just check the box for Hide.

EDIT: actually, that doesn't work! Windows still pop open for that share-mount when I reboot.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Got this working, but the auto-mounted shares always launch a window on the the desktop upon boot up.

Any way to disable this?