Trouble Re-Installing OS X (TWO DISC) Need Help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by eleventhree, Dec 5, 2005.

1. eleventhree macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I seem to have gotten myself into quite a little unfavorable situation. My computer was going through some irregularities so I decided to reinstall the OS. I popped in my Mac OS X 10.4 Disc 1 disc and proceeded. I later found out that my Disc 2 was no where to be found, and that my computer would remain at a standstill until I find Disc 2. So I tried to use the one Tiger DVD that came with my other Mac, but that didn't work.

Is there anything I can do? My girlfriend has Mac OS X 10.4.2 Disc 1 & 2; would the Disc 2 of 10.4.2 work with my current re-installment of 10.4?

And lastly, do you think I could bring my Mac to the Apple Store and see if they have a corresponding disc, so that I may finish installing the OS?

If you guys/gals have any advice or thoughts, they are very much welcomed

Thanks.

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I doubt that the 10.4.2 version would be compatible, though you might as well give it a shot. How many valuable files were left on the computer? You can try taking it in to the Apple store, where they might have a disk you could use, but if that fails, you could stop the install, target disk to another computer, and back up your files to that, then do an erase and install over the mess of half installed files you left behind from before.

3. eleventhree thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess i'll try the Apple store in ther morning, saying that it's closer than my gf's house. Do you think they're (Apple Store Soho) likely to have the Install Disc? And allow me to use it?

4. eleventhree thread starter macrumors newbie