trouble with DS lite and wi-fi

Discussion in 'Games' started by reallybigafro, Jul 17, 2006.

1. reallybigafro macrumors member

I picked up my DS lite Friday and love it. By the way I have been silently reading all the PSP vs DS threads and want to thank all of you for your great input. I am having trouble getting my DS to connect to my nentwork. I have gotten error #'s 5000, 5001, 5022. i have checked out nintendo's wi-fi helf=p, but can't get it to work. My router is a Lynksis model number WRT54GX2. Hopefully you guys can help me out so i can get some online play with my new favorite game Mario Kart.

Thanks again.

2. kinesin macrumors regular

Make sure you open your firewall to allow ports: 27900-27901, 28910, and 29900-29901 to connect to your DS.

3. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

ah great! another DS buyer...:D

4. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

At first, the wifi didnt work for my DS. But then, i noticed the internet went down on my mac, so i knew it was something wrong w. the router, so i ended up doing a hard reboot on it, and installing the router software on my PC. It then all worked, didnt have to change a thing. (except for WEP of course)

5. reallybigafro thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, i'll be sure to try that tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will work cause i've been itching to get online and play this game.

6. ddk121 macrumors 6502

Upnp

Hey!
    This happened to me before. Try going into your routers setting on your pc and then make sure UPNP is OPEN. If it is, and you still can't get it to work, maybe you should invest in a wifi connector.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802254

Hope this helps!
    Dan

7. 17luv macrumors member

Second that, the wifi connector is great too if you visit friends/family who have fast speed connection but not wireless. Have fun with the new DS :)

8. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

9. reallybigafro thread starter macrumors member

boooo, that's not cool!!!

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Yeah, no Mac drivers sadly :( But it's really the same thing as having an Airport card and hitting the Create Network button.

11. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

im guessing you can access the internet with your router. if so, it may not be your router but the settings on your DS. are you using security like WEP encoding, you would need to enter that info into your wifi connection settings in order for your DS to connect to the router and go online. thats all i got.

12. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

the mac is always not "cool"...except for its looks...;)

13. reallybigafro thread starter macrumors member

H ah ah ah , i love the sarcasim, ha hah a. I'm giving up on trying to get it online tonight, i'll start off fresh tomorrow and see what i can get. Thanks again to everyone for your quick and helpful responses.