Trouble with iChat AV with a friend on a PC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Zwhaler, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Ok, my friend recently bought a Dell XPS 210 (the small thin one). Trust me, I tried to get him to buy a Mac but because of his job he needed a PC, so whatever. He also got a webcam with it, it is a Logitech (forget the name...) and it moves around and follows you when you move around the room.

I can't seem to get a video chat with him though, everytime I send him an invitation and he accepts or vice versa, a window comes up that says there is a communication error. Both of our cameras are functioning, because I can talk with my friends who own macs, and he can talk with his friends that own PC's.

I was just wondering what it takes to get it working. Thanks

Btw, I own an iMac 20" 2.33 C2D and he owns the Dell XPS with Windows XP Home Edition.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Look at this guide, he needs the exact version of AIM linked from the guide or it won't work, or you can try Skype or something...

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Might also be one of those fun "you're both behind NAT routers and there's no good NAT traversal available" things too. I've had that problem in the past, had to open a crapton of ports to get it working.

4. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

5. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler