Trouble with PowerBook G4 12" May End Up Out The Window

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Sawtooth811, Jun 29, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

Hi, I have a 1.5GHz 12" PowerBook G4. It is giving me a lot of trouble. It keeps falling asleep every time after it finish booting. Can someone PLEASE HELP?!? This thing is about to end up out the f***ing window in a two seconds!!!:mad::mad::mad:

2. macrumors 6502

Dave H

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

The PowerBook was working PERFECTLY fine five days ago:D, and then about three days ago, I was running in single-user mode, the computer froze:confused:. I restarted--no boot chime, just loud fans and the Superdrive spinning. Same thing every time I've turned on and off the computer, or restarted. Then I've given it a rest for two days, and now It wouldn't do a d*mn thing, no fans, NOTHING. I thought it was something wrong with the DC battery board, but when I plugged in the power adapter, it charged the battery like nothing bad happened to it, but it still refused to boot!:mad: I believe there's still some life in it though, because I tried resetting the PMU, and the green light appeared on the charger, and about two seconds after I released, the amber light indicating the charge returned. It may just be a motherboard issue. Any help?:(

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

5. macrumors 68000

-tWv-

maybe try doing the apple hardware test with the install disc? Im really not sure what to tell you

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

I said it wouldn't boot. I just purchased two motherboards, so I'm OK now. This thread has been solved.:)