Trouble with Virtual PC 7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sarah333n, Sep 9, 2005.

1. sarah333n macrumors newbie

Hey,

I'm trying my best to get this stupid Virtual PC to work! I try to install Windows 98, but it will not recognize the disk. It continues to tell me no OS installed (or whatever it says at the startup screen.) I've tried to make a dmg. of the cd but to no avail. Frustrated I tried downloading a Windows 2000 import from a earlier version of Virtual PC. It installed Windows 2000, yet it locked up on me when indicating for me to restart computer after application update. I donno, I'm frustrated and at a loss.. if anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it! I'm not the best with computer, but I can follow directions pretty good.
    Thanks
    -Sarah

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

VPC is extremely easy to setup from the distribution CD. You don't need to download anything if you have an earlier installation of the OS. All you have to do is select your old virtual hard disk image file, then click the Start Up button, and you are on your way. How did you install the VPC application?

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Is it the first or second edition of 98? The first edition CD isn't bootable.

4. sarah333n thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey,

Yeah I figured out the win 98 I have is not bootable. I also have an non-bootable 95 disk as well. I'm in the process of downloading a supposed "bootable" version of Win 98 Se. Hopefully I can get this to work if not I'm about to give up. My brother actually copied his Virtual PC for me... so that may be the problem. I donno..

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It is against forum rules to discuss pirated software.