Troubles stem from Upgrade or New Install?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by tomf87, Oct 31, 2003.

1. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

I was just curious from all of the problem posts with Panther. The people who are having these problems, are you doing an Upgrade or a New Install?

I backed up my data, and did a complete new install of 10.3 and haven't had a problem.

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Uh, the only problem I'm having is that I'm an idiot. Did a clean install from Upgrade CDs, so I lost the MacOS 9 install on my HD from Jaguar and consequently have no Classic environment. Any way I can fix that without a whole lot of hassle?

--Cless

3. Frisco macrumors 68020

I just did a simple upgrade and not one problem. This is my 1st week Panther anniversary!

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Re: Troubles stem from Upgrade or New Install?

I think that a lot of the problems have little to do with which upgrade method people used. A lot of people seem to have customised their systems and certain customisations use interfaces to the operating system which were not guaranteed to stay the same.

That said, I've had a few issues with various things that were untouched and a second installation was necessary.