Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fourthimpact

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Hello. I have a new intel core duo mac mini. I installed windows xp and the mac drivers disc, but when i tried to run half-life 2 the screen went black. When i tried to run Dawn of War it said i did not have a video card installed and thus could not play the game. I think i just need to find the drivers for my video card but i'm not sure. Pleas help me.

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
Check the device manager is see if it says whether or not it has a generic video driver under the Display Driver. I believe the Intel Mac Mini has Intel GMA 950 Graphics. If you do need to install the video drivers, it should be on the Apple disc with all of the Windows drivers on it. If not, then you should be able to get away with using the ones for the Intel GMA950 video drivers off Intel's website.

The integrated video could be your issue with the games you're trying play. The Mac Mini has integrated video (Intel GMA950) and also uses 64MB of your built in RAM. So Half-Life may not work with Intel GMA950 graphics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.