Troubleshoot: "no Airport card installed"

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by xsedrinam, Jun 15, 2005.

1. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I've googled and visited several tech sites with this, to no avail as yet. My AlPB 1.5Ghz Superdrive has the card installed. Turned it off on a plane last week. No drops or bumps to the box, that I'm aware of. Now the "no information" message comes up in Profiler, and the desktop icon shows 'no card installed". Anyone who could point me to a link and/or thread which would help me troubleshoot this, would be much appreciated. I have the update 4.1 installed (factory) but my box won't see it. Card loosened or damaged? Don't know.
    Thanks,
    X

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Anyone know whether that model has integrated AirPort or whether it's a card? It's possible that the card came loose, but I think the 1.5 GHz models have integrated AirPort.

3. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Just to follow up on the fix: Yes, it has a card. I found a small dent (argh) on the front, left corner of my box; don't know how or when it happened, but it looks like it's been dropped. As mentioned, Profiler was showing "no airport card installed" and, after running Hardware Test, the airport card wasn't found. I ended up opening up the box, and reseating the airport card and antenna. Apparently, it was jarred loose, but wasn't damaged. It's all good and working now. :) So it was a loose card. Thanks
    X