Troubleshooting Outlook iPhone Calendar sync.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JimBob59, Dec 4, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Several times in the past my Outlook 2007 calender has stopped sync-ing to my iPhone. Typically this has been caused by installing a new version of iTunes, and fixed when the NEXT "updated" version came out... :rolleyes:

Of course the iTunes sync. claims to have been successful even when it is NOT sync-ing the calendar.

About a week ago, me having done nothing (that I can recall) to change my setup the calendar stopped sync-ing again. I get no warnings from iTunes and it still syncs contacts and notes.

Are there any diagnostic tools that might help point me to the issue?

I'm currently running iOS V4.1 / iTunes V10.0.1.22 / Outlook 2007
    I could try updating to V4.2.1 / 10.1.xx but I hesitate to do that with the sync. broken....

Any help / suggestions appreciated!

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump... anybody?

The best idea I have so far is to

1) delete all the appointments I can think of that were added roughly at the time the sync. issue occured (which will be tough :mad:)

2) see if calendar syncs. if not ... whack some more appts, the bad one must still be there :confused:

3) If it DOES sync, then add the appointments back from the deleted items bin of Outlook a few at a time and re-sync. so as to figure out which one is causing iTunes to loose it's mind ...

:(