True confessions

Discussion in 'Community' started by JesseJames, Apr 27, 2003.

1. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Uhm. I hope this doesn't offend anyone but I am curious. We seem to have some people wigging out on the boards and it got me wondering.
    Have any of you had experiences with some truly "crazy" people? I mean like, they should be in a rubber room type? Let's hear it!

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

There was one student in the program I go to at Pascack Hills that is in a "rubber room". I won't mention names, but he made several credible threats. One was when the class was going to gym and this kid basically pushed a woman, yelling at her why "the f***" she didn't call him on his cell (or whatever). Then he made a threat about bringing in armed weaponry (I labeled that in a textbook fashion). He was put in the rubber house.

That's about the most emotionally upstraught person I've ever met (well I never really met him) in person.

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

There is this guy, in the part across my street that has some weird problem...

he howls like a money at random times... totally freeky.

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

What exactly does 'howling like a money' sound like?

;) :D

5. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I've never really seen or talked to a "crazy" person. I guess that I am lucky that I haven't.

6. King Cobra macrumors 603

I would venture to say like a rich ape, but I know of very few luxury monkeys. :)

7. JesseJames thread starter macrumors 6502a

Has anyone seen "A Beautiful Mind"? Is it worth seeing? Or typical Hollywood gloss?

How about the rejects on "American Idol"? That one dude who sang Madonna. Holy crap.

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Well of course i've seen my fair share of crazies walking around talking to themselves, having fits, etc. Have quite a few in my family :) But a couple of months ago, someone started calling my apartment at 5AM, random days saying very hateful things about me and my partner, and eventually told us to go look at my car... the woman had vandalized it several times over the course of several phone calls... left a douche on it, tried to superglue my locks (i have keyless entry anyway)... threatened to cut my brake lines... and KEPT CALLING... it got really intensely horrible, obviously they knew personal things about me... turned out it was a friend of mine from years ago, she had just gone nutty and evidently I got the burden of it. Admittedly I knew she was a little ... off to begin with, but i never expected this... especially so long after the fact, i haven't even talked to her in forever...

scary ****...

pnw

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

alot like screeching.

10. JesseJames thread starter macrumors 6502a

11. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

No, but he acts alot like Steve Balmer in that developers, developers, developers, developers video.

12. sillymacgirl macrumors member

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Being a nurse I have seen alot of mental illness. During nursing school our class in Psych Nursing clinical was held on a locked ward. Very much like, "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest." We had to set up an appointment with a patient, if they didn't show up we had to sit their and think about why the were a no show.

14. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Let me get my list out of ex-girlfriends...

Yep... I know about 10. :D

15. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Is he maybe Autistic? It is a common trait among some Autistic people. There is a family that lives near a friend of mine that takes care of a bunch of autistic kids. A couple of them howl and make weird sounds. I usually just make them back. Somehow I think they enjoy having someone joining in with them.

16. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

Yeah, i'm dating one. But she's a sweetheart anyways........she must never know i posted this.....:rolleyes:

17. JesseJames thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aww, there's got to be more stories than this.

18. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

I have a friend from high school that went schizo. Toward the end of his first semester in college he got depressed and couldn't get out of bed for several weeks. Then sometime in January he suddenly snapped out of it. Which was great except he felt this incredible "energy flow" coming out of him through the bridge of his nose. But hey, he was up and about so he didn't give it much thought. Then a few days later the voices started. I forget if it was God or Space Aliens (it became all one big alien/God mishmash). The voices said that they had a special message for him - that the end of the world was coming. The voices started getting more insistent and angry. Then the visual hallucinations started - he would look at the newspaper and it would have a big mushroom cloud on the front page.

Finally, it all broke down. The voices told him to go to a location where the aliens would pick him up on the spaceship. He got in his car and sped to the location. Then he ran out of gas. The voices told him to go to a car on the side of the road - the keys would be in the car. Sure enough they were so now he's driving a stolen car to his destination. He kneels and prays but the aliens don't come so he drives the stolen car back home. At this point his mind is totally gone and his family has to subdue him by force. They took him away to the hospital and he had to subdue him with medication for the next couple of weeks. Then he got out of the hospital but he has to take medication for the rest of his life. He still hears the voices, especially first thing in the morning, but now the voices don't control him....

How's that for a story :eek:

19. JesseJames thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow. Sounds like a story of someone on an acid trip. At least no one really got hurt.

20. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I have a friend who told me this story that his wife experienced. His wife was training to be a dental assistant at a college in California. Well it was one of those hands on training things and she was helping a dentist with a cleaning. Half way through the cleaning the dentist looks up at the ceiling and says, "yes? yes! This is Cleon. Cleon from Eath." Could you imagine being the guy in the dentist chair? Apparently Cleon talked to God fairly frequently.

21. JesseJames thread starter macrumors 6502a

Please give us an anecdote.

22. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

I work in psychiatry so I could wax lyrical about the 'dafties' I've come across!

23. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

To be a fly on the wall! :p

24. vniow macrumors G4

I think I may be a bit schizo...

Sure would explain a lot....

25. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

Heh. Someone would probably eat you!