True Crime

Discussion in 'Games' started by longshot520, May 15, 2005.

1. longshot520 macrumors newbie

Just curious in light of buying the PC version way back when, does the Mac version of this title support Gamepads or does it have to be controlled using just the keyboard as with the PC version?

(still hoping for a Mac port of GTA:SA though ;))

2. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

no idea,

But couldn't you program your gamepad to 'pretend' being a keyboard? This looks like the easiest way of doing this, you might get stuck with mouse movement though.

3. longshot520 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dont think I can do that with the pad I have as its an old Sidewinder USB pad that I used to use on the PC. Was quite impressed that OS-X recognised it without me having to go looking for where to download the drivers! Might have to see what I can find unless there is a program that can be downloaded that will allow me to try what you suggest?

4. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

There is no game pad support in the Mac version of True Crime. You're stuck with the keyboard and mouse.

I think you should save your money. This game is crap. The camera angles are crap, it's impossible to do an about-face to kick someone's ass that is behind you. The whole control system is crap also. I promptly threw it out after I got sick of this P.O.S. game!

5. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

Try hooking up the pad and push some buttons in finder, text editor and some other apps. Just maybe it will show some output... who knows.

You said X recognised the pad, do you have a preference pane for it?

Aha, did a fast google on 'sidewinder OS X' and came up with this link
    http://www.usboverdrive.com/
    check it out, let us know.

Good luck