"True Video" Ipod is not coming out soon...Face it.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by levitynyc, Oct 10, 2006.

1. levitynyc macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2006
    Its not happening! Not this year!. Its October!!!!

The average Joe does not care about a Widescreen IPOD!

I do, I am sure you do, but Apple is not going to release a product so soon after the last update just to appease the tech geeks like ourselves!

As far as the notion of "Must keep up with Zune" They don't have to keep up with anything. The Zune IS ESSENTIALLY....AN IPOD!!! There is nothing different other than an archaic FM tuner that no one cares about! The zune is not going to work wirelessly!

Sure I would love Bluetooth headphones, but there will be a time and place to release those, but its not this year!
  2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Jul 22, 2005
    but then again, the average Joe doesn't know that a widescreen iPod is in the works...
    the iPod is already more than a Zune, anyway. i read somewhere that the Zune won't be able to play video when it first comes out.

The "true video iPod" will come out eventually, its just a waiting game. What Apple are trying to do is, from a technical point, near impossible to do; make a player the size of its screen, increase battery capacity dramatically just to keep the same life as current iPods, and keep the price similar to the current lineup.
  3. levitynyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2006
    Exactley......those things are not happening soon.
  4. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Sep 14, 2003
    You don't think that Apple *might* release a brand spanking new iPod a day before the Zune to kill Microsoft's momentum? I think that'd be a pretty good business strategy. Not sayin' they are, just sayin' it's not so impossible.
  5. Surf and Turf macrumors regular

Sep 27, 2006
    In my mind
    Treat it like the c2d mbp. mythical...illogical ?:mad:
  6. killmoms macrumors 68040

Jun 23, 2003
    Washington, DC
    ::looks around furtively::

PowerBook G5?

::dashes off::
  7. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

Oct 12, 2005
    Let's face it, the Nanos got a MAJOR overhaul while the G5 iPod nothing much.

I'm not saying we are getting the Video iPod but I am thinking we will see a G5 iPod overhaul before the end of the year and before Zune will hit the shelves.

That's my $USD0.02
  8. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Oct 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    How do you know the video iPod won't be out? The 5th Generation iPod with video capability wasn't even released by this time last year (12 Oct). I'm betting when the real deal comes around, it won't be an 'iPod' it will be called something else, existing in its own line.
  9. xappeal macrumors regular

Dec 9, 2005
    Brisbane - Australia
    The regular iPod was updated to the click wheel model merely months before the release of the "iPod Photo".

Face facts, it's coming my tip is October 24. This would make the release very similar in timing to the G5 iPod announcement last year.

You are thinking that the G5 must be replaced by the true video iPod, that's where you're wrong. I could think of heaps of people that would much prefer to have the G5 for it's music playing abilities and not have to pay extra for the widescreen iPod.

You'd have to think the device will use the same resolution as the iTunes music store is selling, this would explain why the resolution wasn't made even higher when the movie store was released.
  10. EGT macrumors 68000

Sep 4, 2003
    *Sniff sniff*

Can anyone else smell denial? :p
  11. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

Aug 8, 2006
    it has been said time and time again, that this product will be in addition to the ipod line, not as a replacement, a new top-end model now the prices have been marked down, makes perfect sence to me.

plus it doesnt really matter if its released before xmas to kill zune interest and in time for xmas, or in january along with iTV and movie downloads in UK, either would create a BOOM!.
  12. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

Jan 3, 2002
    Chicago, IL