"Trunking" Dog fights! WTF People!

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by TheAppleFairy, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 65816

TheAppleFairy

What is wrong with people?

This is just sick!

Source:

2. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

TheAppleFairy

Sick and twisted is right. I am not a huge animal person, but I have respect for all creatures. There is no excuse for this. Disgusting.

4. macrumors 68040

bradl

I'm with you on this. I don't like pitbulls at all, but to make them do something like this is absolutely sick.

Too bad for punishment they couldn't be made to do the same thing that they are doing to these dogs. Would only be apropos.

BL.

5. macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Jesus H. Christ. The human capacity to come up with really sick ideas seems to be infinite.

6. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

Really makes you proud that you are in the same species with those folks!

Or, perhaps, they represent the devolution of the species!

7. macrumors 6502

The only punishment for this I see is "coffing" - lock them in a coffin and pour some scorpions in it. Then air it on TV.

8. macrumors 65816

I'm with you. I don't understand two things:
    1: How you even come up with an idea like this.
    2: What the point is??? You stick two dogs where you can't see them, then open the trunk to find one of them mauled. Just...why??

While I don't agree with it in the slightest bit, I can at lest see why some people enjoy dog fighting. The same reason people enjoy UFC, which is another thing that is just baffling to me. But to have dog fighting where you don't even watch it? How is that in any way entertaining?

9. macrumors 601

At least with UFC the fighters consent to what they are getting into, the fights are monitored and can be stopped by outside officials, heck nobody is killed, and a fighter can always tap out anytime they want to. Dogfighting is no way comparable to what happens to UFC and I abhor dogfighting. The people that are involved with this are at a whole different extreme than UFC fans.

10. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

Apparently these charming and admirable folks derive some painfully perverse pleasure in knowing they can force some animals to do their twisted bidding, and enjoy seeing an animal torn to shreds and bleeding to death.

Bear in mind, folks, theses sub-humans are permitted to reproduce, vote, and own sharp implements...

11. macrumors 68000

VulchR

No doubt betting was involved. Usually money is involved when people do twisted things.

12. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

i have no doubt you are right.

So, if money is essential, I would be happy to put up some money to have these thin lipped mouth breathers put in a trunk, the car driven into a deep river...and we'll bet on how long they could hold their breadth. I'm betting 10 minutes, so we can check on them after that time has passed.

13. macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Its not the PitBull its the piece of **** that owns it. Stories like this make me sick.

14. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

I have to say, that was my initial thought as well. How is this entertaining if you can't see the action?

15. macrumors 68040

bradl

I never said it was the fault of the pit bull; I only said that I don't like pit bulls at all. You're reading too much into what I'm saying.

Adam Carolla's point still proves true: only the weirdest news and events occur in two places: Germany, or Florida. This proves him right.

Agreed. I don't like UFC at all, and while it was rough/tumble as a kid, now as a parent, I can't bring myself to watch anything WWE or wrestling at all anymore. It was okay before they really started to get bloody, but since then, it was too shocking, and nothing I would want any child to watch.. That's for another thread in itself, so I'll leave that there.

What I will compare this to, and it is a legitimate one, is cockfighting and the things that got Michael Vick busted. This ranks down with that, and those are equally as humanely disgusting.

BL.

16. macrumors 603

thekev

They have the potential to be really nice dogs just like other breeds. Much of it is early conditioning. If they're approached by a lot of people while they're still puppies, it helps make them more social. Otherwise they can become kind of one person dogs. I like rottweilers too. Many of them are quite smart and pick up on extremely subtle gestures. I really like them in spite of not being much of a dog person overall. I've considered a frog or a turtle. Anything with hair or fur drives my allergies mad to the point of where cough for days at a time.

17. thread starter macrumors 65816

TheAppleFairy

I like the way you two are thinking. :D

18. macrumors 6502

As liberals shouldn't you let these liberals exercise their rights?

19. macrumors 68030

.Andy

There's not enough room in the boot of a Prius so it can't be liberals doing this. Think before you post.

20. macrumors 6502

Hmmm....the boys in the hood are driving Prius' now? Haven't noticed that.

21. macrumors 68040

bradl

I don't know. But only if conservatives don't try to impose what they think is right over others, in violation of their credo of "Don't Tread On Me".

Pot. Kettle. Black.

The level of ignorance and implied racism in this post is astounding.

Absolutely no where in TFA or the OP was the race of the offenders mentioned. On top of the fact that you are not only stereotyping someone who is liberal but also someone who is Black or born/raised in the inner city.

The liberal crack can slide, as this is PRSI. the other? reported.

BL.

22. macrumors 68030

.Andy

Well said bradl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.