Trust this computer message

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kmichalec, Jul 31, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

Question. Was running Beta 2 & 3, and was never prompted with the Trust This Computer message whenever I plugged in my phone (despite someone on here stating that it was there in Beta 3). Now that I'm on Beta 4, it prompts that message EVERY time I plug my phone via USB/Lightning cable to my computer. It's not even something where is does it once, and then remembers the computer as a trusted source. It asks every time.

Is everyone else experiencing this? Is this new in Beta 4, or was it really there in Beta 3? Is there any way to turn it off/stop it from prompting every time? I plug and unplug my phone it while at work about 20 times a day (between going to meetings, lunch, etc), and it's getting very annoying, very quickly.

2. macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Same for me. No idea why.

Also I got the 'not official accessory' message with my official lightning cable (the one that came with the iPod).

3. macrumors member

I'm getting this annoying error every since iOS 7 upgrade.

Any tips to disable this prompt message?

4. macrumors newbie

macrumors 6502

Any word on shutting this off? It is an annoying feature.

5. macrumors member

6. macrumors 68000

I made a topic about this earlier today and nobody responded. Really annoying for me as well.

7. macrumors 6502

No way to turn it off. It is cooked into the security of iOS. It asks this so that if you were to plug the device into an unknown computer or charge port it won't immediately start sending data. IE All the "free charge" stations in airports. If someone modded one to try and hijack your information from the iPhone, this software now won't let your phone communicate until you have approved it.

8. macrumors newbie

That's not quite the point. We're all for the security, that's great and desirable.

The complaint here is that this comes up *every* time I connect to my *own* computer. Can't it remember that I trust this computer, next time?

9. macrumors 601

Do you have iTunes installed? Some people have reported that the trust system relies on iTunes being installed.

10. macrumors 65816

That and if you have a passcode lock I believe. It's to prevent someone from just plugging in your phone and clicking restore - but DFU wont stop that.

11. macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

I have an Imac and a WIndows Laptop ... after Trusting it the first time, never got prompted again even after upgrade from Beta 6 to GM to Release

12. Xorro, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

macrumors regular

Xorro

I am getting the Trust prompt every time I connect my phone to my work laptop (Win 7).

I have a dock at work that I sit the phone in, for charging etc. iOS7 asks if I want to trust this computer, I click Trust, then the next time I connect it asks again. Why can't it remember that I trust my work laptop?

13. macrumors member

I have been told from Apple to use the Reset All option.

I will check it out later on. Don't feel right now like tweaking everything again.

14. macrumors newbie

That is a bit nuts. How do you accidentally plug your device into a strange computer. It is like Microsoft made this OS. I wish there was a way to revert it back to iOS 5.

15. macrumors regular

I just called Apple about it and they didn't have an answer. It's quite annoying as I'm running Windows 8.1 and I have to click "trust" twice every time I boot up.

16. macrumors member

Well guys I finally found a solution!

Credits go to Bombegranate

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5320878?start=15&tstart=0

Basically after hitting the "Repair" button it re-installed the USB drivers for the iPhone and right away recognized the phone. No more trust this computer message :D

17. macrumors newbie

For what it's worth, this was my issue. I'm connecting my iPhone to my work computer *just* for the charging the battery, not to sync. I never had iTunes installed on this computer, because I never needed it.

With the new IO7 my 4S was asking that question every time I plugged in or booted up. In order for it to "remember" my selection, I had to install iTunes.

18. macrumors 6502a

It does not need iTunes installed to get the message btw.

19. macrumors newbie

This worked for me as well. The message is now gone, thank goodness!

20. macrumors newbie

I have the same annoying pop-up and I only use my work computer to charge my phone. We are not allowed to have the devil that is itunes on the work machine. Come on Aplle get a grip and make it so at least the phone recognises the computer .... oh yeah you did then ruined it with ios7 :mad:

21. macrumors 65816

DFU won't stop activation lock though.

22. macrumors regular

Xorro

I cannot (should not) install iTunes on my work laptop - however I did download and install AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi

Didn't work, I still get prompted to 'trust' my work laptop. :(

23. macrumors regular

Same problem here... any luck getting it resolved?

24. macrumors regular

I don't think there's any other way around it.. just suck it up and live with it :D

25. macrumors regular

Xorro

No :(