Trusted Wireless Networks

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Butler Trumpet, May 13, 2005.

1. Butler Trumpet macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

Hey,
    How do you erase a trusted wireless network? I have one that is trusted and keeps connecting to, that I dont want to connect to anymore. I looked through keychain but found nothing.
    Thanks!
    and oh yeah... I graduate from college tomorrow!!! GO ME!!!!

2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

System Preferences->Network

select your location, then your Airport, there should be a list in there.

3. Butler Trumpet thread starter macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

No, I know how to do that... what Im talking about is, for example, when you live in an apartment and someone near you has there own wireless... the first time you look at it says something like "would you like to add (insert name here)'s wireless to your list of trusted networks?" then if you click yes... then it will never ask you to connect again to that network, and it will connect to it if my network is not available. However I dont want it to do that. so how do I delete that?
    thanks

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    There's an article on Apple's Knowledge Base of wiping the Trusted Networks list but not on how to edit it. The language used in the KB article suggests that even if you just want rid of one, that's the way to do it. Of course it means you have to re-authorise all the others as you go along.

5. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

It looks like you could use Property List Editor (at least in Tiger) to remove a particular network from that list. After backing up the file first, of course.