Try and spotlight search Newsstand. Do you find it?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by wildonrio, Jun 24, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

I don't. But there it is, in my garbage folder as always. Is this a bug or has it always been this way?

2. macrumors regular

It's a folder, not an app, so it wouldn't show up in spotlight.

3. macrumors G3

charlituna

Not sure why you would need to. Wouldn't you be searching for something in newsstand

For the record you can't in iOS 6 either

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought iOS 7 converter newsstand to an app instead of a folder. Guess not!

5. macrumors newbie

It now behaves like an app and can be placed inside a folder. However it still cannot be searched for so maybe it's like a special folder rather than an app. Just to be clear you can't spotlight search for newsstand in iOS.

6. macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I'm glad this was clarified.. I tried searching for it a week ago and couldn't figure this out.

7. macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Nobody uses Spotlight - let alone use it to find something as useless as News Stand:p

8. macrumors 6502

I use spotlight for about 90% of my apps.

9. macrumors 65816

djtech42

It is technically a folder, but it can be put in a folder.

10. Oui
    macrumors 6502

I use spotlight all the time as well as newsstand. Just because you don't, doesn't mean no one does.

11. macrumors newbie

Yes and you cannot search for folder names in IOS. It's not a bug as i first thought , you just can't search for folder names and it is a folder - but a special folder that can be placed inside another folder !

12. macrumors 68040

haruhiko

It's technically a folder but it also acts like an app... the whole thing is getting more complicated. Also on the iPad, the Newsstand doesn't support four finger pinch to close it, we must use the home button.

13. macrumors 68030

BvizioN

I still can't believe people keep saying nobody does this and nobody does that, based on their personal preferences! I use spotlight countless of times a day to quickly get things out of folders, and I am somebody.