Try your local mall. I was lucky

Discussion in 'iMac' started by vhp3, Dec 15, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Just picked up my 3.4/8GB/1TB-Fusion/675MX 2GB at my local apple store her in Northern VA. I showed up in person and he said that he had one. He also mentioned that if the store has less than 2 in stock, it will show that they have non in stock. The reason? They don't want people driving out for nothing, or finding out that it's been sold when they get there.

Setting it up right now! I was lucky, I had the Dec 31 - Jan 7 delivery time.

2. macrumors regular

27?

27?

3. macrumors member

There is no 3.4 21.5", so I guess yeah.

4. macrumors newbie

I didn't know the 675MX came with 2GB.

5. macrumors regular

CaptMike

And you over paid

You could have purchased it cheaper from a Apple Reseller depending what extras you got with it such as Apple Care or software

6. thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, it was the 680MX (2gb ram). I could've gone through my resller who is a friend of mine and saved about $100.00. I didn't want to wait for various reasons.

I did get 10% off apple care. It was a great deal to me, as I get to use my Imac today.

BTW: I have all the software and accessories that I need.

7. macrumors regular

CaptMike

Hi

Sorry to hear that you overpaid for AppleCare

The retail for AppleCare is $169.00 and I paid $122.00 which I believe is about a 28% discount

Oh, did you pay sales tax?

8. thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry Capt'n. $31.00 won't break my bank. Neither will the $100.00 saving from my friend. I was only trying to help other members here to locate their computer. Are you upset about something today??

9. CaptMike, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012

macrumors regular

CaptMike

Still wondering if you paid the sales tax on that unit, that was unanswered ?

EDIT: I do see that you went to VA to pick it up, and VA does charge sales tax.

I also save about $169.00 in sales tax by ordering online from Apple Authorized reseller.

10. thread starter macrumors regular

Why does it matter? I purchased this through my business account and will be used as a write-off for the office.

EDIT: I could have saved if I decided to do wait, but wasn't interested.

11. macrumors member

lol, so what do you want a medal of valor or something???

12. macrumors 6502

Why the hate in this thread? OP was just trying to let everyone know that he got lucky at an Apple store, so 27's are showing up at retailers. No need to attack him.

13. macrumors member

Who is attacking the OP? learn to follow the quotes...

14. macrumors regular

Attention everyone: CaptMike wants everyone to know that price is the only factor in determining a purchase and that he is king of getting a good deal.

15. macrumors member

So you picked up that model from the mall pre-built? Or you had it delivered to the store and it just came that early from the estimated delivery date? Sorry if I missed something. Don't mind the others, trolls will be trolls. I for one really appreciate the heads up. Thanks!

16. thread starter macrumors regular

I picked it up from the mall and didn't pre-order for delivery. If you go to the apple store, this is one of their in-stock configs. It's the one that I wanted, and that I originally ordered on apple.com. I decided to call all the apple stores in my area with no-luck. Finally, I walked in to the one closest to my house and they had one sitting there since last night.

I think it's beneficial to go in store instead of calling. The rep told me that if the computer shows less than 2, it will actually show them none in stock.

Good Luck!

17. macrumors 603

Carlanga

Interesting info.

Let us know how Fusion is working out!

18. macrumors regular

iLondoner

When I checked in the UK I was told the only Fusion model available in bricks and mortar stores (rather than BTO) is the top end 27" with i7 processor, 680MX graphics and 1TB Fusion drive.

Well done on snapping one of these up. I wouldn't have let some small change get in the way either. :rolleyes:

19. macrumors 6502a

Maybe he can find a good deal on some people skills :)

20. macrumors member

Dame.. i thought you could only ever get the base models in store, i.e. 2 x 21's and 2 x 27's in base guise, never considered the store as i wanted the fusion etc..:cool:

21. macrumors 6502

I don't know about him being The King ,I can finagle some pretty good deals from time to time .

22. macrumors member

Thanks so much for the info. This is good to know. I won't be picking up an iMac until some time after the holidays but it's good to know I don't have to order now to have one in January. I hope you enjoy it! Be sure to share your thoughts with the forums when you can as we all eagerly wait for news and first impressions. :)

23. macrumors member

Haha seriously CaptMike way to be a passive aggressive d-bag when someone's trying to help. I too appreciate the heads up, that maxed out 27 model is only one step up from what I've ordered from Apple.com (I don't really need the max NVDA GPU), but would gladly pay a little extra if I could get one locally sooner as opposed to waiting until January. Guess I'll just have to be diligent checking local stock. Thanks, OP!

24. macrumors 68000

53x12

Thanks OP for the info. Will be helpful to many on here.

But did he pay sales tax? That is the question. Also, if he didn't get AppleCare for free he overpaid.

25. macrumors member

Anyone have any input on what time is best to swing by the store to check? Morning around open?