Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
I'm in Houston, Texas, with 3.1 and the 5.1 ipcc. I have the MMS icon but the messages fail every time. I've reset twice but it's still a no go. Oh well. I can wait a little while longer, haha.

Oh, I have the family messaging plan, too.

I first reset my carrier settings and the did a hard reset on my phone. Try that.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
I got the MMS I sent myself after applying the carrier hack. I'm getting a friend to do the same and see if it works for the both of us.

EmilyMayhem

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2009
Well, I reset my network settings and did a hard reset and it still doesn't work. Thanks for the help, though. :)

addipar23

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
3.1/5.1 working here in Ventura County, Ca. It started working after I changed my text plan to the family unlimited plan.

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2008
MMS does not work properly in the UK comes up with some O2 crap saying type in pin number on this website

adster

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
West Hollywood, CA

On 3.0.1 with 5.1 carrier file.

NO GO
I have an individual iPhone MMS plan.
PS: AT&T Service is really awful around here. I can't get calls in my apartment unless the phone is sitting on the window sill.

qpid360

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Pasadena, CA
UPDATE: I just updated to 3.1 and used the 5.1 ipcc. MMS still works but Tethering is gone :(

I'm thinking of trying to downgrade to see if I can get it back. I'd definitely rather have Tethering than MMS.

koolmmm3

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
Ok...do you mind sharing the steps you used?

I updated to 5.1 and reboot iphone. After reboot MMS & Tethering work but VVM broke. I went into

Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network

Change the APN for voicemail from acds.voicemail to wap.cingular and reset network, reboot iphone then visual voicemail work again. Give it a try...

iPhoneVic

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
how did

I updated to 5.1 and reboot iphone. After reboot MMS & Tethering work but VVM broke. I went into

Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network

Change the APN for voicemail from acds.voicemail to wap.cingular and reset network, reboot iphone then visual voicemail work again. Give it a try...

you get the 5.1 update on the phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.