Trying not to be that in love again

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Jun 20, 2005.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I just came from Venezuela again, I spent a week there because my father was very sick and he finally died in peace and happy.

During the week I met this girl, she ws some one a friend of mine had in his hi5 profile and I contacted her. Of course she was the cutest and she replied. We met the same day and everything started from there.

Now I am here in Miami, around this isloation that the north american call "way of living". I have been calling everybody again and people sounded like rocks. But now I am here monday morning, wishing there was website where I could see he thougts and I could browse through her mind.

At list she is there.

Attached Files:

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Don't know what you meant by some of what you said, or how the title of this thread corresponds to what you said, but don't meet girls on short trips if you know you're only going to get your heart broken or feel more lonely.

By going to Hi5 and asking the cutest girl you could find for a drink/dinner/"etc", you only set yourself up for sadness. Its partially your fault if you feel disappointed from this. Meh. Sorry anyways, and sorry if that seems a bit harsh. :eek:

And sorry about your dad. :(

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Sorry to hear about your dad... our thoughts are with you.

Woof, Woof - Dawg

5. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

My condolences about your father.
    If you do like this girl how happy is she going to be that you put her picture on a forum?

6. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Sorry to hear about your dad, although it sounds as though he had a hard time there at the end, and is finally at peace. I hope you and your family are doing okay.

Seems kind of premature to be tossing the L word around with someone you only just met. I know it happens that way sometimes, but isn't it also likely that you were just feeling more vulnerable given your father's recent passing? I wouldn't invest too much emotional attachment just yet, especially as your thread title indicates that this is not your preference. Good luck. She is darn cute, from what the pic suggests.

7. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

The thing is that I went down to Venezuela last Friday (a week ago) because my father was terminal, he died on Monday at 1.15am. It was an incredible experience. I didn't cry because I had the chance to share with him with time as everybody did, we had that luck. This Friday I went to spread part of his ashes in an island we used to go when we were kids.

In the mean time I met this girl and we had about everything in common, her father died 5 years ago as well and when I was talking about the experience she told me she though she was the only one feeling that.

When my father was gone, in bed and warm I was holding his hands and caresing his hair and feeling proud. In a few minutes I realized what his life was about and the image that came to my mind was wehn Dart Vader killed Obi Wan and he disappear becoming part of Lukes. I felt my father becoming part of me for real, such was the case that durimng this last week many strange little good things happened to me and to a cousin of mine who was one of my fathers best friends.

So, I had a lot of sharing with her about that and 300 million things. I todl her later on that look like our parents wanted us to met after all.

Yes, talking about love is premature, love is a little painfull and make you totally unaware of this world and I am not there.

This last week went on and everything was just fine. we went out several times and everything was great.

Let see what happen, she is in an stage of her life where she is getting an adult and is actually dating has become more of the same. She was tire of guys (what ever that meant) and she found me. We can manage the distance I think, let see what happens. But she is different.

Thanxs for all your words.

8. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Hope it works out. Distance can be a problem but not if you try.:)

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My prayers go out to you and your family on the loss of your father. Now he is at peace. Sounds as though you are able to treasure those last precious moments with your father. Something that brings great comfort.

The young lady that you met in Venezuela is beautiful mymemory. She is certainly worth you time to see what happens in the future. If she is the one, then things will work out. Just try to be patient and see what happens.

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'm sorry to hear that your father has died, mymemory. Having you there with him at the end may have been what he wanted most and the best thing you could have done for him.

When you say "I felt my father becoming part of me for real", I know what you mean. It's not just a moment of connection. Much of what we are comes from our parents, and your dad will always be within you in many ways.

11. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

So sorry about your father, mymemory. "Love at first sight" is a tough one... but I for one am not going to suggest that it can't or doesn't happen. If you really feel strongly about this woman than I for one think you should try to make it work, no matter how hard that is. Long distance can work if it's important enough to you.

12. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

13. Applexilef macrumors regular

Where in venezuela? I'm from Valencia. Was that island you mentioned Margarita by any chance? Sorry to hear about your family.

Venezuelan girl got ya huh? Go for it...

14. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Sorry to hear about your father. But yeah, when you're going to be somewhere else for a short period of time, and you're looking for a good time, i would say it's better to meet for something purely physical, especially if you're the kind of person that falls in infatuation easily (I am too, so you're in good company). I mean, can a long-distance relationship like that work? Really? Maybe if you had been together more than a few days before you came back, but...

15. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

Cayo Borracho en Chichiriviche.

Venezuelan girls are the best kept secret in this world.

16. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM