Trying something new with my sig...

Discussion in 'Community' started by tpjunkie, Aug 6, 2003.

1. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Well, its late wednesday night, and I'm a little bored, so I've decided to try something new. I've put a quote into my signature, from a very good if somewhat obscure movie that I first saw as a little kid and bought recently on DVD. Anyway, the first correct response I get will be awarded brownie points, and then the signature will change, either to a different movie quote or some other question, for some number of brownie points. I'll keep track of who has how many points, and you can use these points for bragging rights on your knowledge of obscure trivia until i get bored with the whole idea.
    EDIT: By response I mean to this thread or PM, I'll check the time and date. Although by making it PM only, it adds trickiness to it because there won't be an official announcement when the correct answer is recieved....hmmmm

DISCLAIMER: Actual brownie points awarded may vary on number of correct entries recieved, indicating question was easier than anticipated. Only the first entry per user will be accepted, more than that and you're wasting bandwith, and i wont even look at it. So dont. I reserve any and all rights to grow bored with this at any time and abandon this project for any reason. Many will enter few will win. Void on Mars, Guam, If you're a troll, and where prohibited. 5 cent refund in ME, NY, and MI. Actual odds of winning have nothing to do with entries recieved, but only the first correct one. Bribery in all its forms is considered fair game. If you've read this far and taken any of this disclaimer at all seriously, get help.

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I won't give it away and spoil the fun, but I know where the quote is from and it is a great movie that I recommend to everyone. The horse in the closet really startled me the first time I saw it!

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

4. tpjunkie thread starter macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Well, that was an absurdedly short competition, with Zimv20 winning it 3 minutes before this thread was started from reading my first post with the new sig in the political discussions thread (an effort to catch the eye of those who don't always frequent the community discussion page) Anyway, not that the two people who've posted here already didn't know the movie was Time Bandits, and excellent Terry Gilliam film with an all star cast including John Cleese, Sean Connery, Shelly Duval and more.

Since a million is an unmanagable number for record keeping purposes, and in addition, there were more people who knew the movie than I anticipated, Zimv20 was awarded 100 points

Anyway, #2 is up and ready to go

Good Luck!

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i had the map

6. tpjunkie thread starter macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

7. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Time Bandits huh? I remeber watching that when I was about 6. That movie was weird...

It had midgits in it right? I don't remember much about it.

P-Worm

8. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

9. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

Fist of the Northstar?

Just a guess. It's the most violent movie I've ever seen myself, and intesine strangulation is not out of the question. But it's animated martial arts, not live, so I'm probably wrong.

10. tpjunkie thread starter macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Ok, #2 was correctly answered by justtytaylor via PM. The correct answer was "The Legend of Ricky-oh" As soon as my bloody nose stops, i'll add #3
    Edit: #3 is up!

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

And boredom seeks an even lower level......:rolleyes:

I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 2.....

D

12. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

and my guess is:

tpjunkie: what's the point of putting it in your signature? it would make more sense, and be a lot easier for you to just make a new post with a new question. and it would be nice if people posted their answers, not PMed them...that way everyone can see, and know for sure, who was first and had the right answer.

13. tpjunkie thread starter macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

You're right, the original reason I did it was because I figured there weren't going to be many people interested, and rather than trying to keep a thread alive, i could just leave it in my sig, but it doesn't look like I need to do that anymore.

EDIT: Now that its out of my sig,

What movie's ending was spoofed, almost line for line, and action for action, down to the music, at the end of waynes world 2, (I mean right before they get to wayne stock)

this is actually a pretty crappy question, I'm thinking up some better ones though