1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Trying to convert .m4a to .mp3

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by imac abuser, Aug 15, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

I used to use switch to convert .m4a to .mp3 but lion won't allow it anymore. Basically I'm trying to take a riff I have and want to post it somewhere online so I can share it on facebook. Any ideas?

2. macrumors 603

blueroom

3. macrumors 6502

I'll be very surprised if this isn't possible in iTunes anymore. To do so, change your iTunes Import Settings to Import Using: MP3 Encoder. Open the .m4a in iTunes and secondary click on the track to Create MP3 Version.

I haven't tested this, but this is the way it has always been.

----------

XLD is great too.

4. macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Thanks I'll try these tomorrow

5. macrumors newbie

XLD is no longer functional under Lion. It relies on PowerPC code that is not supported.

6. macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

It's like Lion is C0ck Blocking all the stuff get of your DRM high ground good lord

7. macrumors 604

QuarterSwede

iTunes is probably the easiest. The Convert to ... function is quick and easy.

8. macrumors member

Alternatively, Max works as well. It's generally used to accurately rip music CDs, but it also comes with a fully functional converter supporting all manner of audio formats.

9. macrumors 603

appleguy123

Is it protected? If not, here's a video for how to do it I found.

It worked for me to convert a lot of my audiobooks for my non Apple products.

10. macrumors newbie

Some apps can be a better choice. An apps i just picked up, it can convert most kind of audio files, you may try that.