Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
I used to use switch to convert .m4a to .mp3 but lion won't allow it anymore. Basically I'm trying to take a riff I have and want to post it somewhere online so I can share it on facebook. Any ideas?

treestar

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
I'll be very surprised if this isn't possible in iTunes anymore. To do so, change your iTunes Import Settings to Import Using: MP3 Encoder. Open the .m4a in iTunes and secondary click on the track to Create MP3 Version.

I haven't tested this, but this is the way it has always been.

----------

XLD is great too.

Reactions: bopajuice

boymilo

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2011
XLD is no longer functional under Lion. It relies on PowerPC code that is not supported.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
It's like Lion is C0ck Blocking all the stuff get of your DRM high ground good lord

Meicyn

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
Alternatively, Max works as well. It's generally used to accurately rip music CDs, but it also comes with a fully functional converter supporting all manner of audio formats.

Lamty

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013
I used to use switch to convert .m4a to .mp3 but lion won't allow it anymore. Basically I'm trying to take a riff I have and want to post it somewhere online so I can share it on facebook. Any ideas?

Some apps can be a better choice. An apps i just picked up, it can convert most kind of audio files, you may try that.

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
I'll be very surprised if this isn't possible in iTunes anymore. To do so, change your iTunes Import Settings to Import Using: MP3 Encoder. Open the .m4a in iTunes and secondary click on the track to Create MP3 Version.

I haven't tested this, but this is the way it has always been.

----------

XLD is great too.

just used this method the other day in Sierra. Worked for me. Had to restart iTunes for it to work properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.