I am so unsure, as are the rest of us, what the MP fate is going to be (new better MP being released OR crappier one, or none at all) that I think it really makes no difference if I jump and buy one now, right? I need to ask a few questions first since all I have ever owned is an iMac as far as Mac computers go. I want a machine that will take me through the next 5 yrs or so and will allow me to switch out and upgrade parts as needed. I can no longer see the value in an iMac that lasts me just 3 yrs, which both of my iMac's have done. Honestly, if I was not so used to OS X and it was not such a pain to switch over all my software I would just build my own pc and make it easy to keep it for years to come as I switch out and upgrade parts as needed. I am trying to get as close as I can to doing this by going with the MP. I'm looking at the quad core and the 12 core and trying to figure out a few things first before I take the plunge. I currently use Zbrush, PS CS4 extended (want to go to CS6 extended), Blender (eventually to move to maya), and Topogun. I am running all this on my late 2009 iMac (not well), but I can never batch bake out larger scenes, run my zbrush at super high subdivisions, and basically need to be a few years ahead of things instead of barely making the cut with using these programs. So the questions come down to a few things, go to the quad core model using One 3.33GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon processor OR go to the 12 core Two 2.40GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon processors???? I simply can not take the plunge to go to the 5-6K range. Next, the memory, I can upgrade that cheaper on my own I assume, yes or will that really depend on what I start out with when I order??? Another thing, I have tried to read about this fibre channel stuff and still do not get it, do I need it, what is it good for? Finally, I am going to be tight for just awhile, so am I netter off with the ATI 5770 or 5870? I have read some have issues with either card with some of the programs I use and other have no issues at all, so that is really going to be a toss up as far as compatibility with either card. I will probably in the next 6 months or so move the card to Nvidia or try to see if adding a 2nd card can be done too. I will bootcamp the machine so I have access to other programs as I need them and probably use win 7 as that is what I bought last year. Also, I will more than likely not be using 2 screens, but will not rule out a 2nd screen for the next yr when I have plenty more money to spend. Anyone that can please help me decide and list any pros/cons on my dilemmas here, I would really appreciate it.